WHO must MAKE QURBANI?
Qurbani or Sacrifice of the animal is carried out from the 10th of Zil- Hijj (i.e. from the day of Eid-ul-Azha) after the completion of the Eid namaz and Khutba, till sunset on the 12th of Zil- Hijj. The times of preference for the Qurbani are the 1st day, i.e. the 10th of Zil-Hijj.
- It is Waajib for each and every male Muslim and female Muslim who:-
- To make sacrifice in the Name of ALLAH Almighty
- It is not Waajib or essential for the following people to make Qurbani:-
- Any male or female Muslim who is not liable for Qurbani but purchases an animal for Qurbani for the sake of ALLAH Almighty, then the Qurbani becomes Waajib for him.
a. has attained level of puberty (Baaligh)
b. is of sound mind or sane (not insane)
c. A person who has not attained level of puberty (not Baaligh) even if he or she possesses Nisaab.
d. A traveller (who is not yet Muqeem).
e. A person who does not possess Nisaab during that particular period in time.
f. A person who may be in possession of Nisaab bit has turned insane (mental illness or anything like that).
- Only the following animals can be sacrificed for Qurbani:-
- It is allowable for less than 7 people to have shares in a camel or a head of cattle for Qurbani; but not allowable for more than 7 people to do so.
a. Sheep and Goat with a minimum of 1 year each.
b. Cow, camel, buffalo, ox.
Each sheep or goat suffices for Qurbani for one Muslim male or female; while each head of cattle or camel could signify the Qurbani for 7 Muslim males and females, provided that:-
c. All seven participants have equivalence in Niyyah (i.e. either Qurbani or Aqeeqah).
d. All seven people have an equal share; nobody is to have a larger portion than another one even at the time of the distribution of the meat.
The animals for Qurbani in the Name of ALLAH Almighty shall be in prime condition of health and also free from all kind of defects. The following defects in animals disqualify them from being used for Qurbani:-
- Animals without ears or who’s more than one third of the ear is defective, partially blind (one third or more), or completely blind animals; animals with horns damaged or broken from the root; animals which have limbs broken or used three legs to walk; animals that have most or all their teeth missing; animals with a third or more or their tail cut off.
- Sick and thin animals that lack the ability to walk or move.
kaabahtours.co.uk is one of the authorized Hajj and Umrah travel agent based in UK offers a range of Cheap Umrah Packages 2016 from UK.
For Details of Umrah 2017 Packages.Plz Visit our site : http://kaabahtours.co.uk/Umrah-Packages-2017.php